Ukraine has introduced the first mobile platform “WhiteRibbonUA” to protect women and children from domestic violence. The project is a state-of-the-art personal safety tool that provides the necessary resources for assistance and the ability to report emergencies to the appropriate authorities if the victim is in danger.
The initiators of a socially necessary resource were the Ukrainian representative office of the international public movement against violence “White Ribbon” in partnership with the Tetyana Ramus Foundation and with the support of the Democracy Promotion Foundation of the US Embassy in Ukraine.
- Gender education, seminars, training involving men, representatives of government agencies, public organizations, and the media;
- Informational events aimed at raising awareness and increasing understanding of all forms of violence among the citizens of our country to overcome domestic violence;
- Gender education through animated video-educational cartoons on gender topics.
- Creating a mobile app and online platform for emergency care in case of domestic violence;
- Creating an interactive map of specialized shelters for the victims of domestic violence;
- Conducting state advocacy and other events in the period from November 25 to December 10 during the global initiative “16 Days Against Violence”.
- Advocacy through art events;
- Shooting social videos and short motivational videos about the issue of domestic violence in Ukraine;
- Development of the 2030 New Equality Policy of Ukraine;
- Ukraine’s accession to the reform of the Hague Convention on domestic violence;
- November 25 – The international White Ribbon day in the House of Culture within the framework of the UN Women initiative “16 Days Against Violence” with the participation of representatives of the White Ribbon from around the world and representatives of the Ukrainian authorities;
- Introducing at the state level in Ukraine on November 25 as the day for the elimination of violence against women and girls (International White Ribbon Day), which is celebrated annually worldwide on the initiative of UN Women.
- Expert advice;
- Participation in interdepartmental groups;
- Promoting gender education at all levels;
- Cooperation with all gender policy stakeholders in Ukraine.